Sunday, July 19, 2015

Introduction

Good Morning,

Welcome to Violets or Blueberry! My name is Randee and I just love to create anything and everything! I am a mother to a beautiful one year old, Violet and I have a wonderful husband, Laurent. Since having my sweet girl, I've become a stay-at-home mom which has finally allowed me the time to be true to myself. I worked as a Speech-Language Pathologist for several years. It was a rewarding career, but it stifled my desire to create.





I'm sure you are thinking, "create what?"

On my blog, you will mostly see my 3 favorite hobbies:

1. Wedding Floral Design--My family owns a wedding specialty florist in St. Amant, LA called The Floral Cottage Florist. I worked there all throughout high school and college and came back to it once I became a mom. You can see more of our wedding work at www.facebook.com/floralcottageflorist and on instagram @thefloralcottageflorist.







2. Jewelry Making--I began making jewelry a few years ago and turned my hobby into a small business on Etsy. You can can find more of my work at www.facebook.com/oftheearthjewelry and for sale at www.oftheearthjewelry.etsy.com .





3. Cooking--Well, this is relatively new to the 4 years I've been married. My husband and I love to eat! If it's weird, we'll try it. If it's tasty, we'll try it. If it's pretty, we'll try it. There aren't many things we don't like. In order to satisfy my foodie taste buds and save a buck, I cook all of the time. I cook things from all over the globe like Chinese, Thai, Indian, Italian, French, Cajun, etc. I also like to bake!











You will also see some sewing, painting, scrapbooking, refinishing furniture, etc. Basically, I try to do everything myself.....most of the time.

You see, I do have a one year old which makes is very difficult to get anything done! She's my top priority. I also have to make time for my husband, family, friends and pups! When I do have time, I'm always making something.

The purpose of my blog is to share my passion with friends and family along with anyone else who might be interested. I hope to have a few tutorials on floral design, jewelry making, cooking and whatever other projects I decide to undertake.

You may be wondering the reason for the blog title, "Violets or Blueberry" and you've probably have already guessed it's a play on the nursery rhyme and my daughters name, Violet. It is also inspired by flowers from floral design and food from all the cooking I do. Plus, blueberries are Violet's favorite food!

Hope you enjoy! I'll be posting more very soon.

-Randee

***Thanks Megan Babin Photography for the family photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment